Saturday, May 23, 2009

Time Heals The Heart

Every memory I have is a bruise on my skin. They ache, but they color my world. I wouldn't give up any of that for the world. And it's all because of you. Although they stay in single blotches sprawled across my skin does not mean they do not spread and that they don't hurt every single waking moment I'm not with you. I feel them in every movement of my limbs and I remember them, often.

I suffer every moment of every day. The longer I'm away from you the more they fade. And before I realize it, I will be completely untouched by you. Letting them heal may be harder than having to handle the dull ache I wake up to every morning. So long I have suffered from the pain you have caused me...and it's nothing but memories.

The thing is, is that I never want it to end. It seems so unbearable at times, but I don't think I could live without it. I grew up. I was pushed into the harsh reality of what life really is because you forced me out into the rush hour traffic when I least expected it and I had to adapt. I was facing something brand new when I met you and you were just as foreign to me. A whole new world of wonders and curiosity.

I'm finding my own way without you, however painful it may be. Even if it is strangling me, causing me to drown. The lack of oxygen is nothing compared to the poison you slipped into my blood, intoxicating me. My memory lapses more quickly each day and I'm finally beginning to say goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment