Monday, June 7, 2010

I regret nothing, but in the end I miss nothing. It is hard to say that I actually once loved these people and now they mean absolutely nothing to me. Why is that so hard to say? What makes things so complicated and sticky that I can't look someone in the eyes anymore? Why do they mean nothing to me now? So many questions, and so few answers. I've found that some people have simply disappeared. Poof. Gone. My brain has relapsed and I just cannot get those things that I lost back. I was reading something I wrote a while back and I was surprised to see the insight to some situations that I had. A stranger is not as much of a stranger as the people we lose.

The people that are around me every day have become strangers. They simply have just...escaped me. I'm not sure where they went or where they're going. For that matter, I'm not sure where I'm going either. But it seems that we've gone in different directions and...to be honest I'm not entirely upset about it. I think it's okay and it is what is supposed to happen. Am I right? Or am I wrong?

I know it's not my decision right now...well. It was. But I already made the decision to let it happen, so there isn't much I can do about it now. And I really don't want to do anything about it. I'm happy. That's all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment