Tuesday, July 13, 2010

What We Say Really Matters

I have always been big on words. The way you verbalize something is always important. It is important when speaking to elders and in job interviews and even expressing your feelings to someone important to you in ways no one else has ever been to you. I cannot always express the way I feel and I do not always know what I should say. I sometimes say the wrong thing at the wrong time and get in trouble. To be honest, I rely on others to help me express what I feel a lot of the time. I know how to say a lot, but here are some of my favorite quotes that I can relate to on a more personal level.


"Am I normal?"
"No, but what is normal?"
"What is anything?

"It's very easy to confuse a physical attraction with a real connection."
"Yeah. Sometimes you just can't tell."
"Well, you can tell."
"You can tell by the kiss. You know, the other stuff-- the sex, 'Is he hot?' It doesn't matter. All that matters is the kiss."
-Erica and Matt from 40 Days and 40 Nights

"It's weird...you know the end of something great is coming, but you want to hold on, just for one more second...just so it can hurt a little more."

"All my life I've looked at words as though I were seeing them for the first time."
-Ernest Hemingway

“I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?”
-Ernest Hemingway

"Who someone falls in love with is more mysterious than magic."

"Love doesn't always come in convenient packages."
-From the Twilight series (don't judge me. I like the quote)

"When I'm with you I feel like I'm a better person. I feel happier, less alone...less lonely. It's not as simple as that, is it...being with someone?"
-Naomi from Skins

No comments:

Post a Comment