Turns out I was wrong...again. I can't change people no matter how hard I try. I want to make people who they are not and I need to learn that no matter what I do things aren't going to change. Plus, I'm over it all anyway. I thought I wanted him but I was wrong...oh boy was I wrong. Things haven't been the same since about this time last year. I'm not sure what happened, but I just changed. Maybe for the better. I'm not sure. I like who I am though.
And have you ever had those two friends that are so alike that you just get this feeling that...you just want to...gah! I just want to throw them in a room and tell them they're perfect for each other and that they should have to put up with one another for a few days or weeks and see how they like it. They're so alike it's not even funny and having both of them around me constantly just makes me so peeved. And they just keep proving my point that they're the same person just in two different bodies, one female and one male.
Anyhow. Time to catch up, no? Well, I'm in my school's production of Beauty and the Beast and it's AWESOME. I love the cast so much! They've become my family. Uhm...what else is there. I get to write a one act for my Drama class. I'm starting to stress about looking for colleges. I literally cannot talk. I strained my vocal cords singing and yelling at kids this weekend. Woo hoo. Not much else I can tell you.
One last thing before I get all bored and creative because I have no life: Why can't I forget what has forgotten me?
--
I love Kelsey Wild <3
"When we live so close to the ground
Somehow we manage to go down.
Until we finally rest where everything means nothing.
Where we appreciate the quiet."
--
The sand between my toes squished through the cracks from the light pressure of my feet padding across the shore. What was I looking for again? Shells? Right. Shells. I laughed slightly. Who was I kidding? I was trying to remember. I closed my eyes and I could see it all happening again.
My fingers lightly grazed his neck as he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer as the sun started to sizzle against the horizon. The sky was turning shades of orange and red and yellow and pink and purple...I sighed as our foreheads touched and he moved one hand to grab mine. Our fingers intertwined and he kissed me lightly on the nose.
The light touch sent an electric shock throughout my whole body. I stepped back but kept hold of his hand. No way was I letting go of him...
"Let's go swimming," I said with a playful grin.
"Race you to the water," he said, his face mirroring mine. We were like children.
His fingers loosened their grip and he took off running towards the water. I darted after him. We ran into the water, splashing as we went. The water was cold, but bearable. He tackled me into the tide and I squealed like a three year old. Gleeful.
When our heads broke the surface I gasped for air as I laughed. "Conner..."
His green eyes met mine and glimmered in the still dimming sunlight. His face was bright with anticipation and seemed to glow orange as the sun got closer and closer to disappearing beneath the water. "What is it Tora?"
I found his hands underwater and squeezed them tightly. He looked at me questioningly but didn't say anything more. I shivered and he started to pull us towards shore.
We walked down the shore a little once we were out of the water and I watched the trees gently blowing in the breeze and the seagulls riding the wind as it softly blew towards us. Our shadows slowly disappeared as the sun finally disappeared behind the horizon and we collapsed onto the ground.
Sitting hand in hand we stared at the sky for a few moments.
"I love the sky at night," Conner whispered. I looked at him and saw him staring intently at the stars in the sky. I could just barely make out his features. His sculpted chin, his long eyelashes, the spray of freckles across his tanned face. My stomach did somersaults.
I looked back up at the sky, determined to not let my nerves get the best of me. "It is quite beautiful isn't it?" I said quietly, a smile spreading across my lips.
I felt Conner looking at me, but didn't look at him. He tackled me and we rolled a few feet before we stopped and he had me pinned to the ground. "You're beautiful," he said.
I felt the blood rush to my tanned cheeks and my blue eyes were probably wide with surprise. His green eyes were glowing, even in the dark. His nose scrunched up a little in a cute way that got my stomach tumbling again and my heart beating hard against my ribcage.
"Conner, I - "
I didn't have time to finish my sentence before he'd pressed his lips against mine. It was like the whole night sky had exploded between us and the stars twinkled in my stomach. The explosion lit up behind my eyelids and my heart pounded even harder than before. This was it wasn't it? This was what I'd been searching for all along.
His presence was warmer than the sun's and nothing in the galaxy could compare to the glimmer I'd seen in his eyes. I couldn't deny it anymore. I missed him dearly. After summer had ended, we'd left what we'd had here on the beach and that was something I'd never forget. His starry eyes would always shine within me. His heart was always near, beating next to mine, his warmth enveloping me and sheltering me from everything we fear.
Oh the things you do to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment