Monday, January 4, 2010

There Goes The Fear

"Thank you," she uttered quietly.

He looked up from what he was doing to look at her. "You're welcome."

It wasn't a specific thank you...just for everything he'd done. And he understood that. She had no other way of showing him how much she loved him for all he'd done for her. He'd always been there when she'd needed someone. He was always someone she could rely on. After everything they'd been through and he was still willing to sit here and listen to her cry about nothing.

"Don't ever forget how much I love you..." he whispered.

Another tear fell from her eye and she wrapped herself around his waist. "Why are you so nice to me? I don't deserve you. I don't."

He kissed the top of her head. "You deserve everything and much more." His words were like a calm stream on a warm summer night. Her fears and pain disappeared. He'd always been able to do that and always would be able to.

No comments:

Post a Comment