Thursday, February 25, 2010

I just wanna run away

"Sometimes you put walls up not to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to break them down.”

I'm not going to lie. It hurt. It hurt a lot. When he lied to me I didn't want to believe he'd do that. I didn't want to believe anything. I know that I like him way too much and I don't want to get into that again..but I fear I may have already.

I don't know what I want in life. And I think that bothers me. I want to run away from here and do something completely reckless. I want to live my life and I feel like I'm not doing that. I can't even explain it completely...it's difficult.

I thought I was getting over the whole lying incident...I forgave him. And he knows that. I thought we were on good terms and then, without thinking about it, I held his hand today and...let's just say I didn't get the response I would have liked.

He told me that he can't help but put up those walls, and I can't either. But there's more to it than that. I know there is. There has to be. We don't put those walls up for nothing. I would know that just as well as any other person.

I want something new. I want to run away. Get away from all of this. It's stupid, but I need other things, other people. I wish someone would just wisk me away to the west coast. I sort of just want to get lost for a while in the uproar of life and just...live.

I'm not running away. I swear. It's not running away....what did someone say to me recently?

Ah...it's not running away. It's running to. Exactly.



When will I find someone who's worth sticking around for?

Who's going to break down my walls? Who's going to find the real me...who?

No comments:

Post a Comment