Why does everyone go looking for something more than they could possibly need? They're always searching for a moment that's pure bliss, and (forgive me for rhyming) ends in a kiss. I feel like Dr. Suess. But you make me want to rhyme. Perhaps the reason for it is that we did not kiss. I used to be one of those people that searches for something more, but that is because it took so long to get here. I never thought you would come around, yet you did.Your mere presence was more than good enough for me. We don't need people nagging at us. I thought too much. I always used to think way to much about this. Maybe that is the reason it took so long for something like this to happen. I was always overthinking it and pushing harder and harder. I may have scared you away. It's always the complexity of the situation that scares me, so why did I not realize that I could be scaring you?
None of that matters to me now. I mean it does. I learned from it. But I know better now. I don't want to push as hard as I did. If things are going to happen, they'll happen on their own. As a friend of mine said, I just need to let the situation go where it may. I can't always keep asking for more when it's not my right to ask.
And why should I want something more when simple is so absolutely perfect.
No comments:
Post a Comment