Yet again, everything has to be so complicated. Why does everyone have to make it so complicated? I want things to just be simple, because when it comes down to it everything is simple. The bitter taste of coffee in my mouth as the coming winds of fall bite at my nose is simple and it makes me happy. Why can't everything be like that?
I don't want a lot anymore. I take what I can get and I run with it. Not many people understand that anymore. It's the simple things in life that should make you happy. Not the money, the attention...stuff like that means nothing.
Sitting in the middle of a park in the dead of winter without a coat on, just talking because that's what I need - that is what makes me happy. Sitting on my porch with a cup of coffee and listening to my rock and roll music while I watch the wind blow through the leaves that have just begun to change color - that is what makes me happy. Going to work and actually having something to do instead of sitting on my butt all day like a bum - that makes me happy. Waking up to the sun shining in my bedroom window - that makes me happy.
Yet I just can't get those things anymore. I've either got to be going somewhere or doing something for someone or some class or some thing I'm part of. I do so much, and yet there is still something missing. I'm not being asked to do too much, but I just want everything to stop moving for one minute at least. I want my life back.
No comments:
Post a Comment