Sunday, December 13, 2009

I never really know what to say...

Omigod...I am head over heels, caught up in these love stories lately. I cannot get my head out of the clouds. It's bad, no? Yeah..it's really bad. I'd really like to know where my brain has been lately. I mean, I'm sure I could tell you, but I'm pretty sure I don't really know where it's been specifically. Not much makes sense right now.

I'd really just like to say that what I want and what has been put in front of me are probably on the opposite end of the spectrum. Like...legit.

I can't help but think about my dreams the past few nights...kind of a funny story, but only to me I guess. I think, though, I'm going to read this tomorrow and have no idea what the heck I was talking about. And I'm sure no one else has any idea what I'm talking about either, but really...I'm just fine with that. Time to write. I'll probably move this next little part to my other blog later, but I'm just too lazy to go post in that one too. Haha.

--

His hand lightly touched the back of hers, by accident of course. "Sorry," he said quietly, and pulled his hand back, folding both of his hands in his lap. Her brown eyes looked up at him gently, a smile playing across her lips. "Don't be sorry."

His blue eyes met hers, questioningly, but he said nothing. Sitting in the quiet diner, she felt...comfortable with him. It was different - a good different. Why couldn't things be like this all the time?

The waitress walked up, eying him as she did so. "You guys finished?" They both nodded and she took their plates, setting a bill on the table and swaying her hips as she walked away. The girl rolled her eyes. Why did so many women do that?

She reached for the bill, but his hand stopped hers. "I got it," he said, pulling out his wallet. "But - " she began. He held up his hand and smiled sweetly. They hadn't said much to each other all night - just small talk passed between bites of food - but that one smile said everything. "I got it."

She nodded, putting her hand back in her lap, linking her fingers together. After he paid, he stood up and walked over to her side of the booth, holding his hand out. She looked up at him and a light pink creeped into her cheeks. Taking his hand she stood up, but when she went to take her hand away, he kept his grip. That surprised her, but in a good way. Everything was good...the whole day had been wonderful; spending the day at the beach, going out to dinner. It had been relaxing.

When they got in his car, he still held her hand tightly. Back and forth, they bantered about this and that. Her heart was fluttering in her chest at the mere pressure of his hand wrapped around hers. A light summer drizzle started to pour down on the car as they pulled into the driveway of her little white house.

Getting out of the car, they both darted to her porch, laughing like children. She had the hood of her coat pulled up over and around her head so she wouldn't get too wet. He ran up and stopped next to her, the two of them standing face to face right in front of her green front door. The rain started to come down harder, and her smile grew wider as his deep blue eyes bore into her brown ones. The smell of sun tanned skin, rain, and freshly mowed grass circled around them and intoxicated them. It was that smell that made people fall in love.

She let go of her hood and it fell backwards, a few pieces of hair falling out of her ponytail and into her eyes. He lifted his hand and pushed back the stray hairs, his palm coming to rest on her soft, rosy cheek. She leaned into the warmth of his hand, her eyes closing and a smile dancing across her lips again. She wasn't sure if this is what had been missing...what she'd needed lately.

Opening her eyes, she met his again. Those sapphire eyes sparkled in the dark. He pulled her closer, wrapping his arms tightly around her waist and bringing her face closer to his. She was hooked, waiting for his next move. He smiled. Shaking his head, he laughed and pressed his lips against hers. Thunder cracked through the sky and her lips molded to his. This was exactly what she'd needed.

--

The Listening

No comments:

Post a Comment