So I was babysitting today and we made a run to the gas station down the street. While we were there, one of the boys wanted to get something to drink. While we were looking we came across those little kool-aid juice bottles and I was like "Ohmigod! I used to love those!" I always liked the kind where you got the little tablet that made it change colors or what not. But it got me to thinking about when I was younger and all the things I used to love as a kid.Everybody has those things, or certain toys, that stick out from their childhood. I myself have quite a few of those. My mom used to babysit when I was young, so we have quite a few pictures and that might be why I remember some of them so well. But there's a few that are just extremely prominent in my memory.
The first one is that Cootie Bug game. My grandma used to keep a box of games, like the Cootie game and Monopoly and Candy Land, in the front closet by the front door. Whenever I would go over, Cootie was one of the first things I got out to play with. For some odd reason I loved that
game. Another one is those fish rockers. We had a yellow one of those, and I've got lots of memories sitting in that little thing. (Picture on the right is of me and a friend of mine from when I was about three or four.) Something else from daycare, is one of those radio-flyer red wagons. My mom used to stick four of us in one of those things and
let the older kids walk and we'd just go for a walk. It's not exciting or anything, but it's one of those things that I think about and it puts a smile on my face.It's not only objects that hold a special place in my heart, but places and things such as TV shows. There are two things that I will never forget from my childhood. One: going camping. We used to go camping every summer when I was younger and I miss it dearly. It was one of the best memories I have from when I was little. Camp fires, going for a walk late at night. Another, being, Saturday mornings. I loved peanut butter and crackers when I was little and every morning my dad used to hand me over the fence to our neighbor behind us and he'd take me inside to have peanut butter and crackers. Sounds kind of funny, I know, but that was our thing. It will always be a fond memory of mine. TV...Television just isn't the same these days. All of the kid shows on TV nowadays just...well...they just stink, to be short and to the point. There aren't good ones like Are You Afraid of the Dark, Ahh! Real
Monsters, Sailor Moon, Rugrats, Rocky and Bulwinkle, The Smurfs. Also, watching The Three Stooges late at night with my dad when I couldn't sleep. Things just aren't as good as they used to be, and it makes me sad because I used to love watching television. Now, I can't stand it.
Monsters, Sailor Moon, Rugrats, Rocky and Bulwinkle, The Smurfs. Also, watching The Three Stooges late at night with my dad when I couldn't sleep. Things just aren't as good as they used to be, and it makes me sad because I used to love watching television. Now, I can't stand it.I always thought that growing up would be so much fun. But now that I'm older, and not even that much older, I look back and I miss it. Things just aren't what they used to be and even though there are perks to getting older, I miss the simplicities of being a kid. I know I'm not the only one that misses it. So tell me, what will you always remember?
No comments:
Post a Comment