Her smile falters. Rain is pouring down hard on the roof, the streets, the cars...everything. A rather gloomy day to fit her rather gloomy mood. Resting her hand against the cool window she stared out into the dark world, watching everyone and everything pass by as she stood as still as a tree. A hand came down gently on her shoulder, but still she jumped. Turning around, her dark eyes met ones with light in them. They balanced each other out. He smiled at her playfully and pulled her away from the window, away from all the lies she'd been hiding behind. Nuzzling into his chest, she let his musky scent fill her with a light she'd been missing for quite some time. He pulled her back a bit and placed his lips softly on her forehead. Without words, so much could be said. Listening through silence she found her place, standing with him, listening to the rain as it washed away everything that was holding her back. She was free of burdens...free to live.
I was just thinking about something I wrote on my facebook the other day. When did all the little things become so important? A few people liked my status, but ironically none of them commented. I had to laugh to myself, even if it wasn't a happy laugh. Nobody knows why...but lately every little thing I do and every little thing everyone around me does seems to matter. One wrong move, no matter how minimal, and things can go down hill...drastically. Or it can be great. I'm not sure if I like this or not.
What I am sure of is that there are so many good things that have come from this recent realization that I am so glad to have in my life right now. The few people who have stuck with me solidly through everything. The ideas that have spawned from this. The relationships I've strengthened. I don't even know where to begin. I feel like I've got everything figured out, yet I'm going round in circles, more confused than ever.
I need a long vacation than four days. Or maybe I just need to get out of town for vacation.
I dunno.
See you on the other side. Enjoy the rest of your holiday guys.
No comments:
Post a Comment